Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Pleasant Surprises

"I was pleasantly surprised." A phase I hear from time to time. But I never really gave it all that much thought. Most of the surprises in life usually are not really all that pleasant.

"What does the blue + sign mean?"
"Why is there water running under the door?"
"Look mom, I cut my hair myself."
"What was that sound and why is the car slowing down?"

I've been trying to get the tub facet in the guest bathroom fixed for a couple of days. Today, after trips to 4 different stores looking for the part, I finally find it. I get my wallet out, and the guy says, "It's under warranty, no charge.", a little confused I say "Really?" My house was built like 30 years ago, and this part is probably original. He reply's "Moen guarantees for life, here you go, have a nice day."