Saturday, September 27, 2008

This is my life.

The last couple of days I have been wrestling with a tough choice, and I think I've come to a decision. I'm going to take a job that I don't really want. I going to do this because it's a means to an end, or in this case a means to a beginning. I am going to start living the life I want to live. Like most people I have spent my life just going through the motions, never really going anywhere, or doing anything worthy of writing home about. I have lived my life by just trying to get through it. Always just finding it acceptable to have made it to the end of another day, another weekend, another birthday, another decade gone. I don't want to be part of the mass of sheep that are content with mediocrity. We are all moving constantly closer to death, and if mine came tomorrow, the life I've lived thus far is a wasted one. Doing the same thing everyday, always looking toward some reward, and wondering why it never comes. Now I know that it will never come. Nothing great comes to those who wait. Instead of being at ease when another day is over, I will strive to wake up glad that a new day is starting, another opportunity to get have a better day than the one before it.
I AM a beautiful and unique snowflake. I will be a mercenary. I will take what I want from life. I will forget what age is. I will not care what others think of me. I will feel music. I will alienate people. I will live on a boat. I will eat something strange, and be thankful I don't know what's in it. I will stand out in a crowd. I will make friends. I will laugh more. I will try to never eat pre-packaged, one step, ready to eat food. I will read more. I will sleep in, when it suits me. I will learn. I will do something stupid. I will do it again. I will count the stars. I will be a vegetarian who occasionally enjoys a bloody steak. I will teach. I will have my own theme song. I will have an encounter with a stranger in an elevator. I will travel. I will do something brilliant. I will love. I will question. I will dine at sunset, and then stay out all night and watch the sunrise over Tokyo. I will be the person I've always wanted to be. I will do this, because if I don't take advantage of all my life has to offer, what's the point?
This is not a call to arms. I'm not hoping to inspire anyone else to follow suit. I don't really want anyone stealing my thunder.. If you are overly fond of the guy you always knew, better say goodbye. In this world full of people content to color inside the lines, there's just not room for me anymore. I'm going to paint my world red, with a yellow crayon.

1 comment:

♥Concerned♥ said...

I LOVE Yellow Crayons!!!

Yay YOU!!!